Based in Capalaba, we service the whole Springfield, Springfield Lakes, Augustine Heights and Brookwater corridor.
Springfield sits on a former eucalyptus plantation on the south-western outskirts of Ipswich. In 1992, the Springfield Land Corporation acquired 28.5 square kilometres of land here to build Australia's largest privately developed master-planned community, initially planned for 15,000 home sites.
View Area →Springfield Lakes was officially named and bounded in 2000, taking its name from three purpose-built lakes: Spring Lake, named after neighbouring Spring Mountain, Regatta Lake, designed for water sports, and Discovery Lake.
View Area →Springfield Central is the designated business district of Greater Springfield, home to the 487-hectare Robelle Domain parkland with its artificial lakes, landscaped gardens, and network of cycling and walking paths.
View Area →Augustine Heights was officially named and bounded on 19 September 2003, taking its name from St Augustine's College, which opened here the same year as one of Greater Springfield's first private schools.
View Area →Brookwater was named and bounded in 2003, and in 2006 won the Urban Development Institute of Australia's award for Best Residential Subdivision. It's home to the Brookwater Golf and Country Club, an 18-hole course.
View Area →Camira takes its name from an Aboriginal word meaning windy, and Camira State School has served the local community since opening on 29 January 1974.
View Area →Bellbird Park was named by developers in the mid-1970s after bellbirds once heard singing along Woogaroo Creek, before development pushed the birds further south into undeveloped scrubland.
View Area →Redbank Plains takes its name from neighbouring Redbank, named by Major Edmund Lockyer in September 1825 for the distinctive red soil found along the bank of the Brisbane River.
View Area →Goodna was originally known as Woogaroo when the village site was proclaimed in 1856, before adopting the Aboriginal name Goodna. The railway line from Ipswich to Brisbane arrived here in 1874-75, one of the line's original stations.
View Area →Collingwood Park was named and bounded on 28 August 1982, likely inspired by the Melbourne suburb of the same name, and was marketed throughout the 1980s as the Dress Circle Suburb of Ipswich.
View Area →Riverview sits where the Ipswich Motorway runs between Redbank and Dinmore, bounded to the north-east by the Brisbane River, close to where the Bremer River joins it.
View Area →Karalee takes its name from an Ugarapul word meaning pretty hill beside the water, first officially named by the Queensland Place Names Board on 1 September 1973.
View Area →Karana Downs was named in 1975 at the suggestion of a real estate developer, and only became part of Brisbane in 2000 after residents lobbied to leave the City of Ipswich.
View Area →Rosewood is a rural town in the Bremer Valley, roughly 19 kilometres from Ipswich, with part of its border marked by the Bremer River and the historic Marburg branch railway line to its north.
View Area →South Ripley forms the valley created by Bundamba Creek, and sits within the Yugarabul traditional country, now part of the Ecco Ripley master-planned development.
View Area →Carole Park was named after the daughter of the Blacksell family, early landholders in the district, with the name in local use as early as 1946 when residents campaigned for a local school.
View Area →Gailes was originally known as Dingo Hill, named by explorer John Oxley in 1823, before the local railway station was renamed Gailes in 1925 after the nearby golf links.
View Area →Wacol's name comes from Woogaroo, adopted by Queensland's first Lands Commissioner Dr Stephen Simpson for the Border Police Station he established on Woogaroo Creek in early 1843.
View Area →Dinmore sits at the crossroads of the Ipswich Motorway, Cunningham Highway and Warrego Highway, earning it the local nickname the Gateway to the City for its position at the entrance to Ipswich.
View Area →Bundamba takes its name from the Ugarapul words for stone axe and place of, referring to Bundamba Creek, once a source of good stone for Aboriginal hand axes. The spelling was officially standardised to Bundamba in 1932.
View Area →Booval is reportedly derived from an Aboriginal word describing a frilled lizard. Booval House, built around 1857 for a local bank manager, is thought to be the area's first residence.
View Area →Brassall was originally known as Hungry Flats, before taking its name from Brassall Parish, mapped by surveyor James Warner in 1851, and had its own shire council administering the area from 1886.
View Area →Raceview takes its name from an early racecourse at the end of Grange Road, where horse races were held from 1850 following the formation of the North Australian Jockey Club in 1852.
View Area →Yamanto takes its name from a 1860s cotton plantation originally spelt Yamahanto, jointly owned by Queensland's first government medical officer Henry Challinor and his cousin George Miles Challinor.
View Area →Flinders View takes its name from its clear views toward Flinders Peak, with urban development beginning here in the 1980s, ahead of similar growth in neighbouring Raceview.
View Area →Ipswich was founded in 1827 as a mining settlement and grew to become Queensland's oldest provincial city, with the suburb of the same name now serving as Greater Ipswich's central business district.
View Area →One Mile takes its name from its distance from central Ipswich - it was exactly one mile from the town centre to the original Bremer River crossing on the road to Toowoomba.
View Area →Deebing Heights takes its name from Deebing Creek, itself from the Ugarapul word dibing meaning mosquito, and was home to the Deebing Creek Aboriginal Mission, established in 1887.
View Area →Newtown takes its name from a housing estate sold by John Rankin around 1865, with Newtown State School opening on 1 July 1882 to serve the growing district.
View Area →Spring Mountain rises to 355 metres amid tree-covered ranges about eight kilometres south-west of Springfield, and gives its name to the nearby Spring Lake in Springfield Lakes.
View Area →